Monday, December 22, 2008

Nice Christmas Photo (to stay in my mind)

Today one of my children had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Long story short, the experience was definitely stressful due to a lot of pain, not to mention a drug called Versed that in the future I will list as an allergy on her records to make sure she doesn't get it ever again.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=18654&name=VERSED

But thankfully after a day that brought to mind this child's experience of emergency surgery over in Russia 8 years ago... she is a lot better now, Thank God.

The Christmas Photo is this - her friend, a guy, came over (her dad was also here for several hours) and they were watching movies but it got really quiet. I peeked in the living room and there was a cute picture on this giant sectional sofa: my daughter asleep, her friend asleep, and our 2 dogs (Harvey and Oliver) as bookends on each side, standing guard, or more accurately, snoozing and protecting at the same time. If I'd tried to take a photo, Oliver would have jumped down and run off (he is not fond of flashes). Oliver and I exchanged knowing looks however and I quietly tiptoed back here to the desk.

The Christmas tree and fireplace were in the background; it is a great image; as I write they are still asleep. Okay.... back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family for a joyous holiday season and a very happy and healthy New Year.

    We live in Las Vegas, NV and I want to thank you for introducing me to the book, "Men Women Adore". Two weeks after I read the book, I met my present husband, who is the love of my life. We were married quietly ten weeks after we met and I have not regretted the decision for one single minute. He is my life!

    I am a semi-retired massage therapist/business woman and my husband is also retired as an executive from a mid-west large pharmaceutical company. He now has a fun job at The Dolphin Habitat and Secret Garden that is also part-time. We live a fairly quiet life, even though it is in Las Vegas! And we both thank you for pointing both of us in the right direction.

    I have been a subscriber to your emails for about two years or more now....and I read them every day. You feel like a good friend!

    Best wishes,


    Carol (Collom) Schaefer
    carol@carolaschaefer.com

    http://www.youtube.com/larryandcarols

    Business:

    http://www.medicalmassagedvds.com

    http://www.youtube.com/;medicalmassagedveds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    It's so nice to read this! Sounds like there's even more of a story there. I'm truly happy for both of you.

    Your field sounds very interesting also; in the past few years I started getting massages once in a while and got my daughters to do the same. I notice that it makes a big difference in who the therapist is. It can't be just anyone.

    I appreciate your reading and taking the time to comment very much!

    Merry Christmas,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete